Sunday, May 18, 2008

Speedy Catch Up!

Sorry, the last couple of weeks have gone by so fast!

Graduation was great! I wasn't so sure if I wanted to do all the traditional graduation stuff. At the end of the day though, it was a fun day and nice to catch up quick with everybody from my classes about their future plans and how they survived student teaching!

After graduation, it was packing time! I had started the week earlier but you can only pack so many days in advance. We had to put everything in our small living room and kitchen while we painted the bedrooms. It was pretty crowed and there was no where to sit for a couple of days!

The move went prefect though! We left Logan on Friday May 8th at 7:00 a.m. and made it down to St. George by 2:30 p.m.! I was surprised how fast we made it! My brother Adam and I were in separate cars behind Chris in the Budget truck. It was like we had a our own small caravan heading south! Thank you so much Adam, Trevor, and Dad with the move! We couldn't have done it so smoothly without all your help! You're the best!

Our first week in St. George has been great! I have a couple of weeks before I start working so I have enjoyed the time getting our apartment together, read three books in one week (those darn twilight books! I got sucked in after the first twenty pages!) and have made dinner for Chris every night when he gets home. I haven't cooked that much in our first year of marriage but I do enjoy making my love happy!

Chris is loving his new job! I think he is all ready for the opening day of the center tomorrow! On Friday, I helped him put all the holds in the rock wall. After 13 sweaty hours we finally finished the wall! It was a crazy long day and the next day our whole bodies hurt!

Yeah, I hated being up in that thing! Every time it swayed, I thought I was going to fall out!

I promise to do a better job at posting more often! I would also love any recommendations on some good books to read! I haven't been able to read for fun in the longest time!

5 Comments:

Blogger jaci said...

Yay for you guys! Thanks for the update. I am glad you guys made it and are doing well. What will your job be like, amanda? Is it identical to ASSERT in logan, or is it different. Congrats on graduation!! You totally passed me up!

May 18, 2008 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Chase said...

We've been wondering how the move went and how you're enjoying life down in St. George. Glad to hear that everything is going great! Good luck with the new jobs!

May 19, 2008 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Brittney said...

I can't believe you are already gone! Hopefully everything is going okay for you guys!

May 19, 2008 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Jackie Norris said...

I'm so glad for the update! I'm glad you guys got there safe and that you are enjoying yourselves.

As for some good books, I've just read The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. It's kind of a cheesy romance, but it's a fun, quick read. Everyone keeps telling me I should read Twilight...I just don't know!

May 19, 2008 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Wade said...

Hey, Glad to hear that you are getting settled & Graduation was a blast. I'm looking forward to Dec 13th :) Try Stephanie Meyers New book the Host It is good. It is a Alien Romance. Also Goose Girl is soooo good you will love it.

May 19, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home