Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stepping Up

After 5 years of fun, my college ride was passed back to my parents. We both enjoyed the Saturn and are so grateful to my parents for letting us use it for so long and pay our insurance for it as well. However after finding out the Saturn needed another major repair, we both decided that it was time for us to take on more responsibility and get our own car. (I know, I know, so pathetic.)
So after a week of research on Consumer Reports and test driving many cars, we found a steal on a 2006 Toyota Rav4.
We love the new car and enjoy some sweet gadgets that we didn't have before like power locks and windows, and cruise control. Some of our friends asked us who will get to drive the car most often; for now we are going to trade off every other week but we all know who will get to drive it more!! (wink!)

Although it is exciting to get a new car, I was so impressed with how we both handled the buying process together. For some reason I was expecting it to be more stressful but it wasn't to bad.

By the way, I have an awesome husband! I love you so much and thank you for always being there for me. I appreciate how patient you are with me and how easily you brighten up my day! Love you tons Loves!



3 Comments:

Blogger Tom and Miriah said...

buying new cars is always fun :0) Does Chris still have his from college?

August 5, 2009 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Congrats! I love the new car, that is so exciting and it makes that much better when the decision is not a headache for the two of you! Love you guys!

August 15, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Ruachel said...

Amanda, I love your new ride. Congrats on starting the masters program. What are you getting your masters in? Keep in touch.

September 5, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home